Groceryshop Spring Meetup is on track to sell out at 1,500 participants from more than 750 organizations!
In addition to executives from retailers, brands, tech companies and investors, we’re expecting more than 100 media and sell side analysts. Previous attendees include reps from Barclays, Bloomberg, CB Insights, Coresight,, Ensemble IQ, Forbes Media, Insider Intelligence, Progressive Grocer, RetailWire, Morgan Stanley, Jefferies Group, and Retail Insider.
We recommend you make an announcement as part of your Groceryshop Spring Meetup participation to help get the spotlight on you! Here’s how you can do that:
1. Prepare Now! Making an announcement definitely requires preparation, so we recommend getting started now so that you’re ready to include your announcement as part of Groceryshop Spring Meetup. Expect to share your announcement between Monday, Apr 18 to Friday, Apr 22 at 8 pm ET.
- What Should You Share? Any New News! Here are some examples:
- Customers you’ve signed
- Partnerships you’ve secured
- Products and features you're launching
- Funding you’ve raised
- M&A activity you’ve completed
- Research you’re releasing
- Executives you’ve hired
Remember, the more newsworthy your announcement is, the more it will increase the number of meeting requests you receive from others and the opt-ins you get to your requests!
Please note that Media and Employees in Transition participants are unable to make announcements.
2. Add Your Announcement to Groceryshop Spring Meetup —AKA, Get It Out to the People! You can do this between Monday, Apr 18 and Friday, Apr 22 at 8 pm ET.
- Just complete the following fields as part of your participant profile:
- I am making an announcement or sharing news about (required, select announcement type from list)
- Summary of the announcement or news (required, 300 characters max)
- Any relevant link (optional, url link to relevant document or website)
All meetings profiles are completed at the individual participant level. If your organization has designated an Organization Admin, they can create or edit individual participants’ announcements on their behalf.
If your organization has multiple participants, all participants who can speak to the announcement should include it as part of their individual profiles. The more the merrier! And please note that organizations can make more than one announcement, but each individual from that organization can include only one announcement in his or her profile. As with all profile details, we reserve the right to reject any announcement.
3. When is Your Announcement Shared? Starting on Monday, Apr 25, participants can easily see all announcements using a predefined featured list called “Announcements & News”.
4. Promote Your Announcement Outside of Groceryshop Spring Meetup: Tell Everyone You Know!
- Sharing is caring, so we encourage you to support your announcement by preparing a blog post, press release, social media posts, email marketing campaign, etc. that go live through your own website, social media channels, databases, etc. on the morning of Monday, Apr 25, concurrent with us making the announcement available to Groceryshop Spring Meetup participants. Your internal media/comms team/external PR firm/mom should do whatever you guys agree on to support your announcement consistent with our guidance. And don’t forget to tell everyone that you’re participating in Groceryshop Spring Meetup —that’ll help drive additional attention to you from other Groceryshop Spring Meetup participants.
As always, feel free to tag us on social media activities relating to your announcement as follows: #groceryshop, @groceryshop on Twitter, @groceryshop on LinkedIn, @groceryshopevents on Instagram
5. Media and Analyst Interviews: We expect 100 media and equity analysts to participate in Groceryshop Spring Meetup . A full list of participating media and analysts will be available starting Monday, Apr 25 through a featured list called “Connect with Media & Sell Side Analysts”.
Media and analyst interviews about your announcement can come about in the following three ways:
- Media & Analyst Interviews Outside of Groceryshop Spring Meetup. Self-promoting your announcement may result in you conducting media and analyst interviews in advance of Groceryshop Spring Meetup. Groceryshop Spring Meetup doesn’t play any role in these interviews.
- Media & Analysts Reaching Out to You Using the Groceryshop Spring Meetup platform. If media and analyst participants request interviews with you via the Groceryshop Spring Meetup platform and you accept these requests, any resulting scheduled meetings must take place as part of Groceryshop Spring Meetup and be held on May 10-12, 2022.
- Getting attention from the media can be exciting! But if you receive a request from the media, please DO NOT also reach out to them outside of our platform with respect to their request—media and analysts do not respond well to this kind of outreach or mass emails (no one likes spam!), and doing this may actually result in the termination of your participation (and maybe even your organization’s).
- You Reaching Out to Media & Analysts using the Groceryshop Spring Meetup platform. If you want to meet with any of the media and analysts participating in Groceryshop Spring Meetup, you can send them a meeting request using our platform (during the “Select who you want to meet” stage, (Apr 25- Apr 29). You should provide a thoughtful and targeted reason for requesting a meeting since they’ll need to opt-in to your request. Any resulting scheduled meetings must take place as part of Groceryshop Spring Meetup and be held on May 10-12, 2022.
- If you initiate a meeting request to media and analysts participating in Groceryshop Spring Meetup using our platform, DO NOT also reach out to them outside of our platform with respect to your request--media and analysts do not respond well to this kind of outreach or any form of mass emails or spamming, and we reserve the right to terminate the participation of anyone (and their organization) who does this.
When sharing any coverage written as a result of your announcement, feel free to tag us on social media.
We hope you understand that whether media, analysts or any other Groceryshop Spring Meetup participants choose to interview or meet with you is based entirely on you and the substance of your announcement and we cannot, of course, guarantee interviews, meetings or coverage.
Additional Information and Questions